





The pictures are a little out of order. We first stopped in Brigham City to look at the new temple they are building. We then had to stop by the DI there to find some treasures and found a mini drum set for Malleya and some shoes. It was my sister Melinda's birthday and she wanted to go on a hike up Wellsville Canyon. It turned out to be quite a crazy, scary and very eventful night. It was a 7 mile hike and it was very difficult. Nick and I took turns with carrying Malleya in a backpack up the mountain and we only made it about 2 miles. Nick, Malleya, Troy and myself headed back down the mountain.We were tired and hurting. My parents, Melinda and her two boys decided to keep going. To make a very long story short (I will try to anyway)...they got lost. The turnoff that the map had, was not there so they ended up on the mountain for 14 hours. Instead of a 7 mile hike, it turned into an ordeal of about 15-17 miles. Melinda's phone somehow worked up there and we were able to talk to them and try and help them down. While I stayed home with the little girls, my husband and Troy headed back up the mountain to find them. My family was out of water(had to drink from glacier water they found) and had very little light from my sisters phone to guide them down a steep mountain. I said so many prayers that night! We were very close to having to call Search and Rescue but with a lot of prayers and guidance... They were able to find my family and give them water and a little more light. They made it back home at 4:30 in the morning. We were all very happy for them to be home and they were so tired. I know that prayers were answered that night and that they were guided safely down that mountain. I'm so glad that my family is okay and I hope that my sister was somehow able to make up for that eventful birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment